Monday, December 28, 2015

Feliz Ano Nuevo!

Hola familia y amigos!

The best present I got for Christmas this year was the chance to talk to my family on Skype! 
I didn't realize how much I really loved my family until I got to see them for the first time in 4 months. For all of you who spent the holiday with your family I hope you enjoyed it and didn't take it for granted. I did think of an analogy to this. I left my family to serve a mission for 18 months. I love and miss them a ton and I know they feel the same about me! This is the same with our Heavenly Father. We lived with him before we came to the earth. We left him to come here for a short time. He loves and misses us sooo much! Luckily, we can talk to our Heavenly Father much more often than once a week! Don't forget to pray to Him!!
     Anyway, other stuff about this week! First, a couple #onlyinBolivia´s:
1. The mailman rode up on his motorcycle and gave us a letter for someone in our ward. It had the church's symbol on it and we were missionaries so I guess he thought it was all bien. Haha.
2. I saw some really good looking grapes on a truck and I bought them. The truck was driving around with a megaphone selling fruit. My companion thought I was crazy but they were the best grapes I have had here. 
3. We went caroling and us Hermanas were in the back of the truck as the Hno driving sped over crazy bumpy dirt roads. It was also raining. But it was great fun!
      Also, we were contacting and we stopped to talk to a lady on the street and we told her we lived on Calle 1 (she was sitting on Calle 3) and she said, "Keep on going then." Haha, shut down...
     Something really cool!!! Our two recent converts gave the prayers in Sacrament meeting! It was tan chevre!!! They gave great prayers and Hna Padron and I were so proud. Edwin has also been asking us about a mission. I am really excited for him and hope he goes!!! I just want to close by saying that I learned a lot this week. One of the things I learned was about the power of the Book of Mormon. I know that the Book of Mormon changes hearts and I know that all who read it will come closer to Christ. So as a gift for me this Christmas/New Year I want to invite everyone to read the Book of Mormon. Whether you are a religious person or not, I know the Book of Mormon can help you in your life. It has helped me countless times. I hope you all have a great week and a HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
Love,  
Hermana Eaves

No comments:

Post a Comment