Monday, February 29, 2016

Mormones estaban aqui

Hola a todos! 
This week was a LOOOONG week. I think it is because we worked hard. It seems like forever since I last wrote. 
     Primero to explain the subject title. Hna Cicotte and I were in a trufi and the window was fogging up because it had been raining and was a little cold outside. We wrote "Mormones estaban aqui" in the window (Mormons were here). We felt clever. We should have written our phone number on the window too and gotten some new investigators. Haha, just kidding. 
     Just a little Spanish mistake. We were in a Zone Meeting and my companion accidentally read 2 Nefi 9:28 ("O that cunning plan of the evil one!  O the vainness, and the frailties, and the foolishness of men!......) instead of 2 Nefi 9:18. ("But behold, the righteous, the saints of the Holy One of Israel, they who have believed in the Holy One of Israel, they who have endured the crosses of the world...their joy shall be full forever") When she started we were all like, "What??" Look it up, it's pretty funny. 
My zone after paintball. It was a great way to release anger at the other missionaries in our zone. Haha! Just kidding! We played PAINTBALL for P-Day. It was soo much fun! I had never played before and I have some pretty gnarly bruises. But it was so much fun!! I loved it. It would be really cool to be a paint-balling pro one day. Haha, only kidding. But I do hope to play again when I am here. 
We did some service and I climbed up in a Pakai tree. Hna Cicotte was scared I was going to fall.
Eating my giant Pakai that I found in the tree!
Chopping weeds....Bolivian style!
     Something awkward from this week. Hna Cicotte and I were walking down the street one day, just normally, and I look over and see a young couple just kissing in a doorstep. The boy was a MENOS ACTIVO in our ward. I was like, hey, I know him. And so we waved and said hi. The poor young man. So the moral of this story is for all the young men out there: DON'T KISS GIRLS. The awkward sister missionaries might walk by...Also, if you are kissing girls you had better be ACTIVE. Haha.
     Anyway, it has been raining most of this week. When it rains here, the drains become full and then they start to overflow so the rain water on the ground is also mixed with sewer water. One of our investigators told us that her and two other mom's lifted 40 kids from the school over the dirty water so that the kids wouldn't have wet shoes all day when they were in school. I thought that was a really cool story. Just one of the little acts of kindness that people don't really know about. 
     Okay, here is a SUPER CHEVRE story. We went to teach Bianca, who is an investigator that we have been teaching for a long time. Her two sisters are baptized but she isn't yet. So we went to teach her and try to find what was holding her back from being baptized (she has all the lessons). I said, "We know you want to wait a little to be baptized." And she said, "Actually, I have been thinking and I want to get baptized this week." WHAT?? We just sat there in shock and then were so excited. So she is going to be baptized this Sunday. We are SOOO excited for her!! 
     Man, it has been a long week but also a great week. We are really excited for Bianca! I love you guys and hope you are all anxiously engaged in good causes. We can't do everything but we can do lots to help the world be a little better! Keep smiling!
Love, 
Hermana Eaves               
A great view of Bolivia!

No comments:

Post a Comment