Tuesday, May 24, 2016

It's still summer here...I am losing hope for winter.

Hello everyone! 
I hope you had a great week! Yes, it is still summer here. It's only cold in the mornings when we study but all day long it's super hot. #sunblockformonths 
This is a selfie I took with a drunk man passed out on the sidewalk. Enjoy.     
This week we went to teach one of our investigators, who is about 80 years old. He asked me where I was from and when I said "Arizona" he said "They have beautiful women in Arizona". I just love being hit on by old married men. 
It's freezing in the church building because there is no heating. Me and Hna Gutierrez
     I learned a lot this week from investigators. One teenage girl named Mariel was talking to us. She said "I earn pretty well (money) and I have friends that don't make as much but they are happier than me. Poor people are happy because even if they only have rice and egg (really poor people in Bolivia eat rice and eggs) they are happy because they have something to eat. But for people like me, if we have rice and egg we think 'how can we eat rice and egg?'" I was thinking about that and it's so true. When we have a lot of stuff we often are less grateful for the little things. And when we are less grateful, we are less happy. So here is a challenge for the week: notice the little things. Be grateful to have running water, to have a shower curtain, to have a house with flooring and not just dirt. There are people here in Bolivia who would give anything to have what you have (they would even give anything to be able to visit the United States). I love you all and hope you have a great week! 
Love, 
Hermana Eaves
PS Sorry this is so short, I didn't have lots of time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment