Monday, May 2, 2016

We caught a rat!

Yes, I am serious. At the beginning of this week we began to discover holes in our bags of oats and in my bag of walnuts. We also found mouse poop in our kitchen cabinet. Haha! We set up some homemade traps and hoped we would catch the bandit. We also put all our food in plastic containers. After a few nights we didn't catch it and it couldn't eat our food so we sort of forgot about it. One night though, Hermana King had a dream that there was a rat in our apartment and it was eating her chocolate (from a package she received). So she woke me up at 11:30 PM and we went on a rat hunt under her bed and in the kitchen but didn't find anything. We went to sleep and the next morning we just figured that she had been dreaming because she didn't really remember it. Haha! This morning, we had just started personal study when I heard my companion shriek from the bedroom "HNA EAVES!!!!" I went in and she showed me that our little rat friend had chewed off a part of her journal! Haha!

 We died laughing! She then discovered that the rat had eaten parts of her chocolate too. 

She was mad but we also thought it was hilarious! So we went on a rat hunt! We searched every part of our apartment and had almost given up when I found it in a random pipe under our stairs. I screamed (classic) and the mouse ran zippity quick into the kitchen.
 
So we went in the kitchen, slammed the door and after a lot of chasing and a lot of screaming, we caught that little mouse.

 It was so cute that we couldn't kill it so we took it for a little walk and let it go in a field by our house. Haha! It was surely an adventure. But my companion and I are now professional mouse hunters so if you ever need help...

      Anyway, our miracle for the week was that one of our invesitgators came to church for 25 minutes! WOOOHOOO! It was the first time she came to an LDS church meeting. We were really happy about that. 

A couple weeks ago, our mission President gave us an activity to do where we read and ponderize(meditate) on a scripture throughout the day. We have a different scripture every day. Here are some of the scriptures I liked: 
Ether 12:27 
27 And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them.

Alma 7:11-13 
11 And he shall go forth, suffering pains and afflictionsand temptations of every kind; and this that the word might be fulfilled which saith he will take upon him the pains and the sicknesses of his people.
12 And he will take upon him death, that he may loose the bands of death which bind his people; and he will take upon him their infirmities, that his bowels may be filled with mercy, according to the flesh, that he may know according to the flesh how to succor his people according to their infirmities.
13 Now the Spirit knoweth all things; nevertheless the Son of God suffereth according to the flesh that he might take upon him the sins of his people, that he might blot out their transgressions according to the power of his deliverance; and now behold, this is the testimony which is in me.

I love that through Christ we can overcome anything! Keep on trying, keep on going! You can do it! I love you all and hope you have a great week! 

Love,
Hermana Eaves

No comments:

Post a Comment