Monday, June 6, 2016

Just another week in Bolivia...

Hello gente!
gente=people in Español
I hope your week has been great! We worked super hard this week! 
First to start off with some weird Bolvian beliefs...I saw one lady in a little candy stand on the side of the road (normal). She was holding a plastic bag up to her foot. When we got a little closer, we saw that there was a bee in the bag and she was trying to get it to sting her (not normal). She told us it helps with her arthritis. So if any of you have arthritis you can try this Bolivian remedy. (Caution: Make sure you are not allergic to bees before you have them sting you). Haha!
I taught my companion to roast marshmallows. At first she thought I was super crazy because I was catching marshmallows on fire (the marshmallows here are a lot more flammable) and eating them but now she loves them. Haha! 
    One young man was giving his testimony yesterday and he was like "I love the young men. And I also love the young women." Haha! 
     I walked by a truck full of men and they all started singing a song about a gringa. Haha! 
I helped peel chuño this week. Now I am really Bolivian (if you don't know what chuño is then you can search it on google). 
     We had some really cool things happen this week. We invited our investigator, Maria, to be baptized. She told us that the night before she had dreamed about being completely dressed in white. She told us that she wanted to be baptized and we were so excited! We put the date for her baptism as June 11th (this Saturday). We went back the next day and her mom said that Maria needed to learn a little more before making her decision (we have only been teaching her for a month). So now, Maria wants to be baptized at the end of June. Which is so far away. We were really sad because we know that she is ready and that if she waits, then Satan will attack her and make her doubt the answer she received. 
     We have been working really hard to find people to teach and are finally seeing the results. We had 5 investigators come to church! That is amazing! I haven't seen that many investigators at church for months! I know that if we work hard and have faith then Heavenly Father will bless us. I hope all of you are working hard and strengthening your faith in Jesus Christ! I love you all! Have a great week!

Love, 
Hermana Eaves
I think winter is beginning here.

No comments:

Post a Comment