Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Thank you all!!!!!!

Thank you all so much for your love and happy birthday wishes! You guys are the best!  
I got my package and I LOVE it!  I love everything!  The shirt is super cute and I love the wheat thins. (I ate them all)  I love the letters and the journal!  I love everything!  
This week was crazy. We had intercambios with the capacitadores in Potosi, which means that we had to go to Potosi (a 5 hour bus ride).

It was actually super cool! We didn't freeze and there were no blockades this time! We passed through Cotagaita and all the happy memories of walking to Tupiza hit me. Haha!
So while we were waiting for our bus to arrive at the Terminal so that we could get on, a Cholita came and sat by me and started talking to me. She was a Jehovah's Witness and had me read from her little book and gave me a folleto! The Cholita Testigo de Jehovah contacted me! Haha!
In church yesterday I was sitting by an elderly Cholita and she was telling me about her life and I thought about how cool it was that I could know her. We live worlds apart but we're united as friends because of the gospel of Jesus Christ. I love that I could get to know her a little better. Even though we had completely different stories, we were alike in our testimonios of Christ. I really felt love for her and I am so thankful to be here serving a mission. I love the opportunity I have to touch lives and get to know complete strangers. It would be so cool if you all reached out to a complete stranger this week and talked to them, even if it's just 5 minutes. Their story may be completely different than yours but you will be similar because we are all children of God. :) I hope you all have a great week! I love you all!
Love,
Hermana Eaves

No comments:

Post a Comment