Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Gratitud diario


Hello everyone!

I don't have lots of time today but I wanted to share a couple experiences that happened this week. This week, Hermana Lopardo and I were walking in our area and we saw one of our investigators crying on the side of the road. She was with her whole family and told us that her mom had died in the morning (her mom was 35 years old). Her mom had died of a tumor in her stomach. Something that this investigator said really struck me. She said "I didn't appreciate my mom while I had her. And now she's gone." I was so sad for her. Hermana Lopardo and I just stood and held our 15 year old investigator until they brought her mom out in a coffin, put her in the back of a car and drove away. I know that Heavenly Father sent us to be with our investigator in her hardest moment.
    The next day, we were teaching a lesson to a less active mother who has two teenage children that are very disrespectful. The kids began fighting in the lesson and the mom joined in to scold them. The Spirit left the room and nobody was listening to Hna Lopardo and I. I said a prayer asking Heavenly Father to help us say something that would bring back the Spirit and instantly the story of our investigator who lost her mom came into my mind. I shared the story and talked about how we need to be grateful for everything that we have because we never know when we might loose it. I shared the quote "What if you woke up tomorrow with only the things you gave thanks to Heavenly Father for today?" The Spirit returned and we left the family feeling happier than they had been when we arrived. I know that the Lord will help us to say the things we need to say. I know that gratitude is something that we can all give to Heavenly Father. We have so many blessings in our lives. :) Have a great week! I love you all!Love,Hermana Eaves



No comments:

Post a Comment