Monday, August 29, 2016

1 YEAR=BBQ chicken neck to celebrate

Hello everyone!
So this week I completed 1 YEAR in the mission!!! How crazy is that???? I feel like this year has flown so fast!!!! I made some BBQ chicken neck and french fries to celebrate. I asked for chicken breast and I got the neck too...so I rolled with it...(and for future  reference, BBQ chicken neck isn't as good as it sounds
#lotsofBBQsauce). I can't believe that one year of my mission has come
and gone...

It was a great week though!!! Guess what??? Family Martinez (who had some doubts about their baptisms) are all reading their scriptures every day and Gladis, Jose and Alex want to be baptized!!!! We are still working with Daniel, the oldest son (12 years old) and trying to help him make the decision. We put a date for their baptism and they came to church yesterday. I am so happy for them! I know that they are going to be great church members! We have been praying for this family every day and I know that Heavenly Father is answering our prayers. We have been working hard here in Tupiza and contacting a LOT to find new people! There are so many chosen people here, we just need to be
diligent so that we can find them!
We also found some great new investigators, Lucia and Bryan. They are always willing to listen. In our last lesson, Lucia's daughter, Sherlinda, fell asleep (she is 5 years old). Well, her brother walked by her to get something and she (still sleeping) grabs his leg and bites him super hard!!!
There are so many great things happening here every day. I know that I will never regret the decision that I made to serve a mission. I have learned so many wonderful things here and am so grateful for the experiences I have had. I know that Joseph Smith was called to be a prophet of God. I know that we are led by a Prophet of God, Thomas Monson. I know that the Book of Mormon is true and that it changes lives. I know that families can be together forever. I know that the work I am doing here is of God because I have felt His help every
second of every day. I love you all and hope you all have a great week!
Love,
Hermana Eaves

No comments:

Post a Comment