Monday, September 5, 2016

The Elders shined shoes in the plaza because they didn't want to knock doors...

Hello!

Another great week in Tupiza!!!!!
So we found out yesterday that the Elders (E. Willden, Mondaque, Anderson and Cimarron) shined shoes in the plaza because they didn't want to knock doors. Haha! They shined shoes for free then contacted the people that came! People all over Tupiza were talking about it.  Haha!
    

Anyway, some of our highlights for the week:
 1. We found a cell phone (of the other sister missionaries) that has been lost for 4 weeks. A lady in Charaja (a pueblo) had it.
2. I waved at a member in the street and made a drunk guy's day because he thought I was waving at him. Haha!
3. Our investigator told us that when he sees God one day he is going to ask him for a shark...that doesn't eat meat. Haha!

Anyway, this week I have been reading in the Book of Mormon about the 2000 Stripling Warriors and I love this story soooo much! It is my favorite! These soldiers fought for their country for years and not one of them died? Why? Because they were firm in the faith and had been taught by their parents. I am so grateful for my parents because I know that I wouldn't be here without them. I wouldn't be a member of this wonderful church! I wouldn't be here in the mission without my amazing parents' example. I am so thankful for the Savior and his sacrifice for us. I was reading in the New Testament about the crucifixion and it made me so sad that the very people that Christ suffered for killed him on the cross only days later. I am thankful
for a loving Heavenly Father who sent His Beloved son to die for us. I love the scriptures and I love being a missionary! I love you all!
Have a great week!
Love,
Hermana Eaves


No comments:

Post a Comment