Monday, October 24, 2016

Leaving Tupiza :(

Hello everyone! 
I have bad news...I am leaving Tupiza!!!!! I will truly miss this place. But I have good news too...I am going to an area in Cochabamba that's called Siglo XX (Twentieth Century). I have heard super great things about it! And guess what? We are going to live in the house (well, in an apartment behind his house) of an Area Seventy, Elder Balderrama. I'm so excited!

 Soooo...that means that I will go in a flota (like a giant tour bus) for 8 hours to Sucre. Then tomorrow I will fly in to Cochabamba.
     I really will miss Tupiza, though. I am truly leaving a part of my heart here. The memebrs here are sooo amazing. They have more problems than any other group of members that I have met but they are STRONG in their testimonies. The whole branch (with a few exceptions) are converts to the church. Many of them are recent converts (were baptized in this last year). I have learned so much in the four months that I have been here. I feel like I have become more of the missionary that God wants me to be. I feel such love for the people here and never want to lose contact with them. It is a little bit sad because some of my favorite investigators live in a little pueblo called Charaja. They don't have any way to communicate except for a cell phone that sometimes breaks. I truly hope that they get baptized one day!!!!! I want them to be an eternal family! 
My favorite investigators from Charaja!!!! Family Martinez!  
In our ward activity-a Futsol Championship!

     Anyway, I want to tell you about a MIRACLE that we have seen this cambio. We found a less active member about 9 weeks ago. When we first talked to her she told us that she had gone back to her other church, didn't believe anything about Joseph Smith or the Book of Mormon and was super closed off. She always pretended not to be home. We finally found her and had a Family Home Evening. She felt the Spirit and we were able to go back and help her wash her clothes (everyone washes by hand). Through little lessons and service we were able to come to church and she CAME TO CHURCH last week with her kids! We didn't even go to pick her up! And this Saturday she came to our ward activity and had so much fun!!!! Then she came to church AGAIN yesterday! Isn't that soooooo cool! It is a miracle! I have seen a great change in her and I can't wait to hear more of her progress from my companion (I won't be able to s
ee it happen). 
Carmen and her kids, Ana, Juan and Genesis

     Man, I am so happy! I just love being a missionary. It is sad to leave people that I have come to love soooo much but I am soooo excited to come to love other people and help them in their lives. If anyone is wondering whether they should serve a mission, just do it. It is the best thing that I have ever done! I never want it to end! Love you all! Have a great week!
Love,

Hermana Eaves

No comments:

Post a Comment