Monday, November 21, 2016

A HOT week in Bolivia!

Hello everyone! 
It has been a super hot week here in Bolivia! I don't know what the temperature is but it has been a sweat-dripping-down-your-back-as-you-contact week. 
   So this week we were contacting a cholita on the side of the road and a drunk guy walks by. He starts talking to us and asks us for a card (the cards we use to contact). So we gave him one (without our phone number written on it). He then ripped it up, threw it on the ground and tells us "The truth is in the heart, not on a card". Then he walked away. So that was cool. We picked up the card. I will send a pic next week, haha! He also gave me a fist bump because I spoke English. He told me that he spoke English too and asked "Wat eis yuur neim?" (What is your name)
    We were in a sita with a less active family and one of the little girls was eating raw egg out of an egg shell that she had found on the floor...and the mom didn't even say anything. Raw egg...at least she is getting her protein.  
   It was a great week though! Hey, I forgot that it is Thanksgiving!!!! Happy Thanksgiving to everyone (On Thursday). They don't celebrate Thanksgiving here but I am going to make a list of things that I am thankful for! I heard the best quote ever the other day "Live in such a way that the people that don't know Christ, want to know Him because they know you!" I think that is beautiful! We need to be a light to the world! We need to show others that the gospel of Jesus Christ is the best and most amazing thing in the world.  I am so grateful for each and every day that I have to be in the service of God! I know that this is His work and that He always helps us, His children. I know that He answers prayers. He has answered so many of mine! I love you all! Have a great week!

Love, 
Hermana Eaves

Photos
1. I didn't know water could be so green. Anyone want to swim?
2. Intercambios with the Hermanas of area Floresta. Hermana Villavicencio and Hermana Maclachlan
3. Breaking open a coconut using the rock outside
4. Exito!
5. My companion helping Ermunda, a cholita, braid her hair
6. Intercambios with the Hnas of Pagador-Hermana Kincaid and Hna Hoffman
7. How we feel after climbing up the mountain in our area...:)

No comments:

Post a Comment