Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Hello a todos!
It has been a HOT week here in Cochabamba!!!! It is a LOT hotter here than in Tupiza! It's okay though-it's not real missionary work until sweat is dripping down your back as you talk to people in the streets, haha! 
     Here in Bolivia they don't celebrate Halloween. No free candy here...Instead they celebrate a holiday called "Todos Santos" (All saints) on November 2. This is when they put a bunch of bread and fruit and food on a table and leave it there so that during the night all their relatives that have died can come and eat the food. They all pray and go to the cemetery and leave flowers. It's interesting. 
     Someone gave us a watermelon this week. We carried it around the rest of the day, haha! Also, someone rejected us because they want to be with the Israelites.She told us "I don't care if the Israelites are the right church or not. I just know that when I find them then I will be happy". (She still hasn't found them yet). 
     This week we had a baptism. It was a 14 year old girl named Carla. Her mom and sister were baptized the week before but she didn't show up (she was supposed to be baptized too). I hadn't actually taught her before the baptism so I didn't know her. But I am going to get to know her more and let you know how she is doing. :) It is always so cool to see people enter the waters of baptism. 
     I love you all! I know that the church is true and that it can bring us more happiness than anything else in this life. I know that Heavenly Father loves everyone of you! I know that families can be together forever! Have a great, wonderful, happy week!

Love, 
Hermana Eaves

No comments:

Post a Comment