Tuesday, January 17, 2017

A great week in the 20th Century!

Hey everyone! To explain the heading/subject? my area is called "Siglo XX," which means 20th Century in English.
Anyway, it has been an AWESOME week! (Like every week in the obra misional!) Yesterday we received calls for cambios and...I will be finishing my mission here in Siglo XX with Hermana Gutierrez!!!! It is going to be an awesome 6 weeks here! I am so excited to work hard and give it my all and share this amazing gospel!!!
Sooooo, Hermano Saturnino (our convert that was baptized on Dec 10) will be starting Chemotherapy tomorrow so keep him in your prayers! He is super weak and his throat is so bad (he has throat cancer) that he can't even talk to us anymore. We are hoping that everything can go well so that he can recover.
Anyway, it's been super cool here to see the work progress!!!! We have 3 investigators with a fecha programada for their baptism! Antonio is the brother of a recent convert named Manuel. He is super awesome and has been coming to church and reading his Book of Mormon! We have high hopes for his mom too! Aracely and Fanor are a couple (they are married!) They have been reading the Book of Mormon and came to church this Sunday with their little kids! Aracely's mom is a member of the church, which is great!
Something funny about this week is that my companion wanted to spray a bottle of Raid around the kitchen to kill all the fruit flies. I had to convince her that it wasn't a good idea to spray toxic chemicals around our food. This bottle of Raid is going to be the death of me. Also, we still have a rat in the apartment...lurking. :)
I love the mission soooooo much and am so happy to see people change and progress! I love my area and have the best companion in the world! I am so happy for the gospel in my life and I know that families can be together forever! I love you all! Have an awesome week!
Love,
Hermana Eaves
Desperate times call for desperate measures...using the plunger in the sink...the water started going down but not because we unclogged the drain. Rather because the pipe sort of came off the sink, haha! So we need to get that fixed now. We currently have a bucket under the sink.
Zone Picture!
Intercambios with Hermana Castillo.
Going down the mountain in the dark with Paola Gutierrez.
Intercambios with Hermana Amaguana.
In Intercambios with Hermana Hernandez we went down this super big slide (in the background). Slides and skirts don't mix, if you wanted to know...

Our little friend, Rosie.
With all of our fruit!

No comments:

Post a Comment