Monday, January 2, 2017

I can't believe that it's 2017!!!!!! Yesterday I was thinking back on this whole year of 2016 and I truly feel that it has been the best year of my life (until this point). It has been such an amazing year because it is the only year that I have spent completely in the service of my Heavenly Father, testifying of Jesus Christ.
I started off the year in Zona Quillacollo, Area Villa Moderna with Hermana Padron, my trainer. We were able to see many miracles and help two wonderful people, Ander and Edwin obtain testimonies of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and be baptized. Then my trainer went home for knee problems and I became companions with Hermana Cicotte! She was super awesome and we had a LOT of fun together. We were able to work hard and see Bianca be baptized after a MIRACLE when we got her to her entrevista!
Then I was transfered to Zona Alamos, Area Alamos where I was first with Hermana King. We caught a rat in our house and contacted a ton! It was lots of fun with Hermana King and I learned a lot! Then we had cambios and Hermana Gutierrez (who is my companion right now too) came to be with me. We didn't catch the second rat in our apartment but we were able to help a precious soul, Cleofe, to become active in the church again!
Then we received early cambio calls and I went to TUPIZA where I passed some of the best months of my mission. I started off in a trio with Hermana Goff and Hermana Lopardo. We laughed and joked and freezed our tails off in Tupiza. Then Hermana Goff went to Cochabamba and Hermana Lopardo finished her mission and went home. Hermana Jara came to be my companion. We had lots of fun searching less actives and working with the people in the pueblos, many of which became my close friends. :) Then Hermana Jara left and I was assigned to be a Sister Training Leader with Hermana Bisama in Tupiza! We came to love the people (Investigators, members and recent converts) in our area and in our branch. I was super sad to leave my beautiful Tupiza!
But I was so happy to come here to Siglo XX with Hermana Males. We worked hard and were able to see Carla and Soledad be baptized. Then Hermana Gutierrez came to be with me and we have had a blast! We helped Saturnino be baptized and have been able to see many miracles as we have been diligent here.
So here's to 2016! I have learned and grown so much and I will never be the same. I know that Jesus Christ lives and that He came to this earth and gave his life for each of us! I am so thankful for this wonderful chance to be a missionary! I am so excited for 2017 and the miracles that it will bring! Love you all!

Love,
Hermana Eaves

In the RAIN!


My area, Siglo XX!


With a parrot (kitten?) on my shoulder.

No comments:

Post a Comment